Copenhagen Airport (CPH)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Copenhagen Airport (CPH) is situated on the island of Amager in the town of Kastrup, 8 km / 5 miles from central Copenhagen. The Oresund Bridge connects Amager with Sweden and there is a network of highways and main roads linking major urban centres. The airport lies on the southern side of Copenhagen, along the coastline, and is signposted locally as the 'Kobenhavns Lufthavne'.
There are regular bus services and a shuttle train service that runs directly to Terminal 3. The E20 edges the northern perimeter of Copenhagen Airport, in the Tárnby area.
Directions to Copenhagen Airport (CPH) from the north of both the city and Sweden
Directions to Copenhagen Airport (CPH) from the south of both the city and Sweden
- If you are approaching from the north of Sweden, take the E6 highway, a coastal road that passes through Helsingborg and Landskrona
- Follow signs for Lund and then Malmo, turning onto the E20 at exit 18
- Follow signs for the Oeresund Bridge, which connects Sweden with Denmark
- If approaching from the north of Denmark, take the E47 / E55
- Turn left onto the E20 and follow signs for the airport
Directions to Copenhagen Airport (CPH) from the west of the city
- If you are approaching from the south of Copenhagen, follow the E47 / E55 highway northbound
- If you are approaching from the south of Sweden, take the E65 from Ystad or E22 / E6 from Trelleborg
- Follow the signs for Malmo
- Turn onto the E20 at exit 18, cross the Oeresund Bridge and then follow signs for the airport
- Take the E20 eastbound and head for Kogo
- Turn northbound onto the E47 / E55 and follow signs for airport
Please leave adequate time to allow for traffic congestion when travelling to Copenhagen Airport. Remember that you must check-in at least two hours before your flight departure. The Copenhagen road system is efficient, but hold ups can occur, particularly during rush hour. If you are arriving from Sweden via the Oeresund Bridge, be aware that there is a toll system in place.
Copenhagen Airport (CPH): Virtual Google Maps